What is the theme of this years 2011 World Environment Day ?
a. Forests: Nature at Your Service
b. Many Species. One Planet. One Future
c. 'Your Planet Needs You - UNite to Combat Climate Change'
d. Deserts and Desertification – Don’t Desert Drylands!
e. Green Cities – Plan for the Planet!
2. In which year was the first world environmental day celebrated?
3. World Environment Day is in spring season in the Northern Hemisphere .In which season is it observed in the in the Southern Hemisphere /
4. Which country is the global host of this years WED ( World Environmental day 2011)?
c. New Zealand
5. Name the Mumbai-based non-profit organisation promoting innovative texts that encourage environmental education in schools. ?
a. CERE India
c. Aawaz Foundation
d. Green Monitor
6. Name the NGO launched in India in 1998 by husband and wife Shalabh and Anita Ahuja takes up issues like sewage and garbage ?
b. Aawaz Foundation
c. Green Monitor
d. GO Green
7. Which country is the world leader in the number of solar power systems installed per capita?
8. Name the intergovernmental organization which promotes the adoption of renewable energy worldwide and aims to provide concrete policy advice and facilitate capacity building and technology transfer
a. American Council on Renewable Energy
b. International Network for Sustainable Energy (INFORSE)
c. International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
d. International Renewable Energy Alliance (REN Alliance)
9. The world's first commercial tidal power station was installed in 2007 . Where was it ?
10. Environmental technology is also know as:
d. All of above
11. "Reduced stratospheric ozone has had a slight cooling influence on surface temperatures, while increased tropospheric ozone has had a somewhat larger warming effect". This statement is :
c. Only first part is true
d. Only second part is true
12. This effect causes droplets to be of more uniform size, which reduces growth of raindrops and makes the cloud more reflective to incoming sunlight, is known as
a. Albrecht effect
b. Green House Effect
c. Josphin Effect
d. Radiorecflective effect
13. Name the annual event held yearly in Yorktown Heights, New York which is one of the largest showcases of environmental technology in the United States?
b. Enviro Tech ,NY
c. The Sustainable Show
d. The Greater NYK Show
14. One among the following is a publication which postulates Extreme radical environmentalism and criticizes the concept of environmental technology.
a. Green Anarchy
b. Action One
c. Green Life
d. Save us
15. The School for Renewable Energy Science is a private, non-profit, international graduate school. Where is it located ?
a. Akureyri in northern Iceland
b. Osaka in Japan
c. Qubec in Canada
d. Ontario in US
16. Who proposed the GREEN HOUSE Effect in 1824 ?
a. Svante Arrhenius
b. Joseph Fourier
c. Henrik Svensmark
SEE MORE & MORE>>
RELATED Articles/ TOPICS