Why Australia ?
Enjoy the immensity of Australia's scenic splendor, from its rocky plains and desert landscape of its southern region to a stunning varied coastline of the Northern Territory. Australia is a land steeped in natural and cultural heritage, where indigenous Aboriginal people have lived for at least 40,000 years. Savor intercontinental cuisine, and indulge in the vast array of seafood specialties. Enjoy the fun and excitement of taste testing at the numerous wine and food festivals, and don't miss out on Australia's pub experience. Delight in Australia's Mediterranean climate, which sets the stage for a vast array of outdoor sports and activities, ranging from bushwalking, sailing, and water-skiing to whale watching, ballooning, and hang-gliding. The beauty and excitement of Australia await you!
Australia offers the international student a unique cultural and educational experience, an English-speaking country with internationally recognized high quality education, a young and dynamic multicultural society and some of the world's most magnificent wildlife and scenery. It is a land of many diverse geographical regions with every area having strikingly beautiful, distinctive landforms. The climate ranges from temperate to tropical.
Australia provides a unique kind of education and a learning style that encourages you to be innovative, creative and think independently. Australia attracts the third largest number of international students in the English-speaking world after the USA and UK. In some countries Australia is the students' first choice study destination.
Australia offers an education experience that makes a real difference. Graduates from Australia are very successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide. Additionally, they are readily accepted for postgraduate study at leading international universities.
Australia is a dynamic, vibrant country and its people are energetic, friendly and confident. Multicultural Australia is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society in which students can learn and travel in an English speaking country.
Australia also offers excellent value for money and a standard of living which is among the highest in the world. Living expenses and tuition costs in Australia are considerably less expensive than the UK and USA.
• Education standards are high and the academic environment is stimulating.
• Institutions offer a wide range of courses from doctoral level to short- term language courses.
• Academic disciplines range from Liberal Arts to Applied Sciences, and within these, overseas students can usually choose subjects relevant to Australia.
• Vocational training courses are provided by the government system of colleges of Technical and Further Education (TAFE), and ensure up-to-date, relevant training in Professional and Para-professional areas.
• Australian courses are recognized internationally.
• Living costs are slightly lower than in most countries.
Australia's education system is divided into five sectors.
• The universities
• A vocational training system through its Technical and Further Education (TAFE) colleges
• The ELICOS institutions which offer English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students
• A number of private colleges and schools giving courses in subjects such as business studies, hotel management, aviation, etc.
• Primary and secondary schools.